2 cups organic, raw sunflower seeds
2 cups organic, raw pumpkin seeds
2 cups organic, coconut flakes
1/4 cup coconut oil, warmed gently until melted
1/4 cup (scant) raw honey (or sweeten to taste)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Add the seeds and coconut flakes to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with coconut oil and honey. Toss until well coated.
3. Spread the mixture onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Spread the mixture out into a thin, even layer. Bake for approximately one hour, turning every 20 minutes. Continue baking until the coconut toasts to a light golden brown.
4. Cool and store in a covered container.
5. Serve with milk, over coconut yogurt, over berries, or snack on it dry. Feel free to substitute any nuts or other seeds in place of the sunflower and pumpkin seeds. My options are limited by the food allergies in our house. Feel free to add more honey to make this sweeter. You can easily turn this into a granola bar by adding additional honey, pressing it into your pan, and baking longer. Granola is just so incredibly flexible that you almost can't mix a bad batch. Add in what you like.